Monday, April 13, 2015

Plus one....?



The Reason for Missing Weekly Wrap-Up!
Okay, so the picture is an over-dramatization - but I've definitely missed blogging! I feel as though I've been away from the computer for much longer than I actually have; a lot of it is a current lack of quiet time in the house. Remember that I've written that we were having some big changes in our home?

At the moment, we are sincerely hoping for an adoptive placement to happen, but we know that this could take quite a long time. In the meantime, our family has decided to care for children in our area who need a safe place to live for a little while. 

On Monday night, we received a phone call asking if we could care for a little boy, probably for a few months.  And, of course, we said "Yes!".

That's right - we are now a family of four....at least...temporarily. He's a little younger than Eli, but has just as much (perhaps more!) energy.  Suffice it to say, I've lost 4 pounds in the first week of his visit.  By the time he leaves in a couple months, I might fit into my skinny jeans again!


So, for now, there are two children in our lives.

For now, I've got two preschoolers to chase.

And for now, I'm exhausted - but very happy!!
Image result for smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment