Wednesday, December 17, 2014

When the Flu Bites...

In my feverish state yesterday, I managed to pen a short little poem. Thankfully, the fever seems to be gone, and hopefully, the coughing, sniffling, and sneezing will leave soon too. Eli's definitely feeling MUCH better, has had NO fever today and will be ready for school tomorrow. I think I will finally be well enough to go, too...I hope so, anyway. I know a lot of people are anti-Tamiflu, but he had zero side effects, and is getting well so much faster than I am!  Did I mention that all of the pharmacies in our area have had major runs on Tamiflu, and it took hours to find one that had some for Eli?  And even then, we got the next-to-last bottle at that pharmacy. I ended up skipping the Tamiflu because it was so hard to find...and I figured that there were people who might need it more than I. Patrick, with his immune system of steel, remains unaffected by Eli's and my doctor-confirmed Influenza A.

In the meantime, this is how I've amused myself.  I'm positive my 4th grade teacher would be pleased that I remembered the format for a limerick!

A  poem to Flu:

Mucus, mucus everywhere
Sneezing, fever, cough
Oh, Mr. Flu,
Why don't you
Find a cliff and jump off?

We're hoping that Patrick stays well, so that we can be healthy for the holidays. I also made sure to keep Eli out of school long enough to make sure he's no longer contagious...I don't want his friends (or their families!) to be sick either!


No comments:

Post a Comment