Sunday, June 2, 2013

Washy, washy, washy!

Okay, so imagine Eli, covered in shampoo, in the middle of Wal-Mart, shouting "Washy, washy, washy!!"

How DID this happen???

Allow me a quick detour in this tale of woe...

It's no secret that we've been potty training, and we decided a little more than a week ago that diapers and training pants were done for daytime (though we break the rules for nighttime, Eli isn't ready for nighttime potty training).  Eli is now absolutely fascinated with everything potty right now.  He even used his allowance to buy a kid's potty training book at a yard sale.

How are the two connected?  Stay with me a moment...

One of the pages in the book says to make sure to "washy, washy" after going "potty, potty".  Eli loves to wash his hands.  It's one of his favorite pages in the book.

We bought shampoo at Wal-Mart tonight. It was riding innocently enough in the cart, and I was mildy distracted, looking at a book, and I heard Eli say "Washy, washy, washy!".  Knowing he was safely beside me, and having heard him say this so much lately, it did not immediately occur to me that something was not quite right.

Then, I heard a squeal of joy, and "Washy, Washy, WASHY!!".  I looked over at my now-sudsy, slippery toddler, who was delighted with himself.

A passing Wal-Mart employee looked at us with extreme pity, and directed us to the nearest restroom. I was able to hose the baby off in the sink, which he thought was a great fun. When I returned to find Patrick, he was shaking with hysterical laughter two aisles over; he didn't see the action, but he heard the whole thing : ).

Hilarity abounds : ).  And having a very slippery sudsy toddler trying to hug me in the middle of Wal-Mart, hollering " I LUV YOU OMA!!  HUG, OMA!!"....well, I do love it.  At least we don't embarrass easily : ).

And at least he didn't do it in the middle of the night - like I did to my mom years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment