Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Getting Ready

We are so excited to be getting ready for Eli's arrival.  We are reworking our closet/storage spaces to be more "user-friendly" & I am working on redoing the garage as a very cat-friendly space for when Eli cries or is very active and the cats need to get out for a while.

We filed for Eli's I-600 at the end of last week, and are officially waiting to hear back from USCIS (though it will probably take a few weeks).  We are still hoping and praying to get through the red tape quickly so that we can get our travel call!!

We have put together a package to send to Eli and his foster family with gifts.  We are sending some really cute clothes for Eli (including some awesome Mickey Mouse PJs) & several small toys.  We also have some little Bath & Body Works lotions & some Starbucks instant coffee for his foster parents.  We really appreciate that they have taken care of him these past few months for us.  We have a few more things that we will bring as gifts when we fly over there, too.  I'm a little nervous about the cost of shipping, but I am sure that I will find out soon.

I am finally finishing my "Thank You" notes from the awesome baby shower that two of my illustrious co-workers threw me last Wednesday.  I wish I weren't so far behind on those!  I really appreciate the loving and caring attitudes of all of my friends and coworkers.  It means so much to me : ).

We are finally starting to wind down the school year (just a bit), and I'm getting a chance to breathe again.  This has been the busiest year I've ever had as a teacher!  I took on a lot of responsibility this year to help the time pass until we had a referral, and I'm pretty sure that I overdid it!  I won't be teaching summer school full time this year, which will be great (I am only teaching for 1 week in June).  We'll have more time to rest up before Eli comes home and we start the school year all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment