Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan Earth Quake; Home Study News

We woke this morning to the news of the earthquake in Japan.  We were really concerned about Lee, my husband's brother, who lives there, and neither Patrick nor his parents were able to get a hold of him on the phone.  I was a little frightened looking at the pictures of the devastation, until my father in law reminded me that on the map, Toyama is quite a ways away from the epicenter.  We heard from Lee at around 12 PM today, and, thankfully, he is fine.  He did say that they definitely felt quite a bit of shaking from the earthquake, and that there was minor damage in various places; we are also very thankful that he is not near any of the nuclear plants that were having trouble.

Yesterday, we received a draft of our homestudy from the adoption agency.  Whoo Hoo!  They will be forwarding to South Korea at the end of the month (March), so it should get there by the first of April.  After hitting all of the speed bumps and delays, I finally feel like we are on track again.  Patrick and I are going to a local Korean restaurant tonight to celebrate.  I am also going to use some free time tomorrow to upload some items for sale on eBay; I've been meaning to for almost a month now!

No comments:

Post a Comment